WolfiesScrapsNThings

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

It's really hard to believe that we are already 3 days into 2009. I'd love to be able to say that it's off to a good start, but I've been pretty damn sick with a tummy bug since January 1st. I'm happy to say that I am on the mend.

New Year's Eve Anita and Michael came over to help us ring in the new year. We played a good game of Levensweg, had some fresh, homemade oliebollen, and a nice bottle of champagne. Anita's birthday is jan. 1 so we gave her her birthday presents too.

We were supposed to go to Michael's for some cake for Anita's birthday on the 1st, but I woke up at 6am pretty darn sick, when I wasn't better by 2pm I had to call Anita and cancel. I hated having to disappoint her like that on her birthday, but believe me when I say that no one wants this stomach bug. I pretty much slept the entire day.

Yesterday I was still pretty out of it and spent my time between reading and sleeping. DH had to take the Tucson in for service and then pretty much sat around reading and taking care of me the rest of the day.

Still not 100% today, but I am feeling a bit better. We finally got to have our NY's day dinner, stone grill, it was pretty good, would have been a lot better if my tastebuds weren't off, though. :)

Oh yeah, I started reading the Twilight series on Wed. afternoon around 4 and finished all 4 books plus the draft of book 5 on SM's site yesterday. I am really quite hooked on this series, and will probably start reading them again next week.

Well, that's it for now...will catch up again tomorrow.

No comments: